- 07 February 2017: Art exhibition of the works of Eduard Kaplan (a member of the Liepaja Jewish Community) held annually on the artist’s birthday
- 24 March 2017: Photographic exhibition – the Second Life of Stones
In collaboration with the Hungarian embassy, the Foundation launched a photographic exhibition in the Assembly Hall of the Liepaja Jewish Community dedicated to the fate of synagogues in Hungary. Vittorio Monti’s composition Czardas played by the Liepaja Symphony Orchestra greeted Adrien Mueller, the Hungarian Ambassador upon his visit.
The exhibition attracted great interest among younger visitors. An interesting subject arose in this connection: should synagogues in areas with no Jewish communities be used for other purposes and functions or simply shut down?
- 27 July 2017: Holocaust research
A meeting was held with representatives of the Washington Holocaust Memorial Museum to discuss further developments in Holocaust research and education in Liepaja
- 8 December 2017: Jewish Family Party of Miracles and Magic
o This family event was dedicated to the forthcoming Festival of Hanukkah reflecting the new Foundation tradition and commencing with a Shabbat blessing. A special guest, the Honourable Mrs Israela Per-Probshtein, Consul of the Embassy of Israel to Latvia has welcomed the participants.
o The festive greetings of the Foundation’s founder / supporters (George Schwab and Vitaly Kivman) were projected on a big screen.
o Magicians, Hanukkah dancers and Jewish vocal and instrumental music entertained guests throughout the evening. There were magicians and jugglers to entertain the children
- 17 December 2017 : Commemoration Day of Liepaja Jews in Shkede.
A commemoration ceremony was held in Shkede in memory of those who died during the mass extermination of Liepaja Jews in the Shkede dunes between 15-17 December 1941. On 15 December, 2017 Liepaja Jewish descendants met at the meeting in Holon( Israel) at the monument dedicated to the Jews of Liepaja-victims of the Holocaust
- 29 December 2017: Traditional meeting with the daughters of the Righteous Gentiles Johanna and Roberts Sedols