1. In 1920 Rabbi A. Nurock and Professor Goldblatt were elected from Courland to the “Latvian Jewish Aid Congress” Committee
2. In 1921 local elections, the Jewish People’s Party gained 5 seats and the Zionists 1 seat
3. In 1922 more than 35,000 rubles were donated to the Jewish National Foundation
4. In 1922 a sports and recreational community “ Maccabi ” was established, chaired by Maxim Abramovych
5. In 1924 t he Liepaja Jewish Community for Improvement of Palestinian Culture was set up.
6. In 1931 an Association promoting the study of science and customs was established chaired by Alite Bentsion
7. In 1933 an Aid Association “Beyt Lekhem” was created, chaired by Dr. Abraham Lippert
8. In the 1930s, 4 out of 6 cinemas in Liepaja were owned by Jewish families