OPEN PUBLIC FOUNDATION “LIEPĀJAS EBREJU MANTOJUMS”, also known as THE “LIEPAJA JEWISH HERITAGE FOUNDATION”, is a non-governmental organization established in 2004
- Professor George Schwab – born in Liepaja, Vice-President of the American Association of Jewish Survivors of Latvia, an American public activist, scholar and political scientist
- Steven Springfield – President of the American Association of Jewish Survivors of Latvia
- Sheila Johnson Robbins – USA public activist, FAPE Board member, patron
- Business Sector Patrons: Haas family, Sergey Zaharjin, Ilya Segal
Foundation objects :
The main object of the Liepaja Jewish Heritage Foundation is to research, preserve and disseminate the Jewish heritage of Liepaja (Libau) as an integral part of the city’s history.
- Research, translation and publication of materials relating to the pre-war history of the Liepaja Jewish Community and the Holocaust;
- Research and report unknown facts relating to the Holocaust in Liepaja;
- Develop and support relations with the Jews of Liepaja and their descendants, by involving them in the creation of chronicles regarding the Jewish community in pre-war Liepaja;
- Develop, support and implement educational programs of the Jewish history of Liepaja.
- Co-operate with Liepaja’s local authorities in preserving Jewish memorials and the Jewish cemetery;
- Participate in common projects with the Liepaja Jewish Community and other Jewish organizations in Latvia and abroad, in the fields of education, culture and social activities;
- Organize and participate in meetings, seminars and conferences to further the Foundation’s main objects.